Svenska (Sverige)English (United Kingdom)

 
 
001
002
003
004
005
006
 
 
About The Cellar

The house was built in 1886 after a major fire in Södertälje.

Families lived in the house until the 1960's when a demolition order was made and everyone had to move.

In the early 80's Kaj Pettersson, who owns the property today, and other people managed to  lift the demolition order and renovated the house.

In the pas the restaurant was used for food cellar and heating facilities. The time the restaurant was built, they dug out the floor because some rooms were not tall enough, a man could barely stand. All the walls are original stones and granite which are the foundations of the house. Some of the arches are broken up to make the restaurant more functional. They have used old bricks to make it fit into the environment.

The restaurant has been here since 1991 (with different owners).